Sunday, August 27, 2006

its the horse parade today. an exciting amalgamation of locals, out of towners, beer and the most beautiful horses of nicaragua. im excited, though this tickle in my throat and the snot in my nose are slowing me down, i will try to get out there and enjoy the event. who misses a chance to wear a dress shirt and parade around town drunk at 4 in the afternoon. Not me, my friends, not me.

I hope that everyone is doing well out there. Ive got an exciting month coming up, the first week will be in costa rica at an international conference of fair trade producers as a representative from the united states fair trade student movement. Thats about a week, then back for a week when then next student arrives and then to some crazy amount of work to prepare for a range of meetings in the states that my boss will be attending and, in theory, we are moving at the end of this month. That is what I am most excited about, the move, cause i really want to live in the center of town where everything is closer and i dont have to be a 30 minute walk from everything or a 10 minute bike ride. So, im excited, because there are some great things coming up in this month and I am really looking forward to pushing myself out there and learning new things, meeting new people and changing my living space.

Amazing. I guess i could go on but im happy even though everyday is hard and everyday brings me down a little lower to my knees. I love it. I really do. And its going to maintain its level of challenge, of frustration and of difficulties but hey, i didnt move out of the belly of the beast to have a cake walk. i came out here to challenge myself and to grow and to learn and to keep fucking pushing things on.

love
deme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home