Tuesday, August 01, 2006

waking up late. turning over again and again, knowing the time and not wanting to get out of bed or move or face the world today. those streets of ocotal, bright, sunny burning, no clouds like yesterday, my eyes charring and demanding that I return to my dark room. But no, I keep moving, pedalling slowly as my legs work up the energy to take me to the post office, to Donde la Lucilita and then to work at the ciber.

my brain has been moving slowly too, repeatedly turning over yesterday like a motorcycle that wont start in my head and just listening to engine sitting idly, not idling, in my mind. Leaving me in a situation without knowing what to do next.

There is work to be done, phone calls to be made, emails to be sent and then I must pack. We are moving in town and then I am going for a little trip to Jinotega and Matagalpa for a few days to work with some USFT kids.

On another note: Murray Bookchin, founder of the Institute for Social Ecology, has died. Read more here. I spent a few afternoons in Murray's Burlington apartment listening to him talk and learning from his deep pools of wisdom and to know that he has died saddens me deeply. I went to that school, it was a formative experience for me and the people I met there have continued to inspire me as I work and grow as a thinker, writer and activist. I wish I could be in Burlington for the service. Just to hug and see everyone. Shit, bad news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home