Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The sun is crashing in through the door of the cyber, my laptop is humming away while downloading new music and my fingers are running through their normal routes and happy to be doing so.

Quite the day in ocotal, I am out of the house early and smiling because I have an entire day infront of me with a mix of fun things to do. Work, class, writing, reading and bike riding.

You know how sometimes with people you need to be "on ?" I define it as being ready to talk, work or perform for or just be around someone else, just to have that mode running in your head, not to be able to let yourself go, to fall flat and just let your body sort itself out. Usually, I sort myself out at home, in a bar or while drinking some coffee or a juice of sorts. But since I've been back in Nicaragua my house has been occupied by a bunch of male college students, friends of Micheal, meaning that I have to be on all the time even though it is my house. I do not really appreciate this at all.

That adds another point of stress to my life and I just thought my bike was stolen, argh. Quite wierd that some senora had rolled it, along with another guy's, a few doors down. Stress, constant vigilance or awareness and being aware that I live in a community of need. But I am over it as I have to be; over the immediate stress of possible theft, not over the feeling or the gut instinct that defines the place I live in.

The boys in my house have another fifteen days of practica which is ironic cause what they are practicing is getting drunk and annoying demetrius instead of actually doing their agricultural work. They had been so obviously absent from work that yesterday their professors came to the house and took them to Jiicaro, a town 4 hours away, so that they would actually do something. Thankfully, both Micheal and Walquiria are stationed in town, so the house will be quiet and filled with nice people until friday. Pleasant.

Tomorrow a(nother) trip to Managua and a reunion with an old friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home