Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ran my own section at work today. Intense. I feel lame describing that as intense but I create such extra pressure on myself when I wait tables that its just ridiculous sometimes. Unnecessary. I did well though, for a first shift, solo and no one died, Im pretty happy, especially when I walked away with around 18% of my sales, Im feeling good about it.

Much more exciting was my afternoon. The Station 40 meeting. Me walking awkwardly up the stairs, struggling to find secure bike parking and sitting awkwardly at the dinner circle but being vocal in the meeting. It was good.

Renee is a great writer. Im glad she does it and she should keep doing it. I, however, suck and should keep doing it for only one reason: to oneday be able to write something that other people enjoy reading. The sick drama of life, how the jewels of our lives are dull and lackluster in the eyes of others.


I am waiting tables at this restaurant: www.duccasf.com I like it, it is hard, but in about 2 months I will become a member of the union and that is exciting because it means good benefits, health insurance and other bonuses. The restaurant is in a hotel, which is new for me, but I like that. Today was my first day alone, without a trainer helping me. I did well for my first solo day. I was happy with my performance, though I know I could of done better. I think that this year, in my life, is/has been intensely focused upon communication and how I communicate with other, and how I learn to understand other peoples' communication methods. The experiences of living in Nicaragua, working in a place that has hundreds of employees, living with 4 strangers and moving to a different place than where I have spent many years of my life all can be strongly influenced by who I meet and I how I communicate/connect with them. That is exciting to me. A whole new city of potential friends and lovers.

The excitement of possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home