Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nicaragua, day 2.

I canĀ“t even remember the day 1 entry. Wait, there wasnt one. No suprise I spent so much time wandering the streets of Ocotal like a born again puppy who was reliving his last car chasing attempt on the highway. It felt like I was inviting death and life back into me after having them barred from entering the premises for 7 months. I wasnt ready. And they left me rawer than before.

We pack and dash to catch buses. We sit, stare and pondering the passing greenscape. We miss buses, wander around cities, eat hot food, get a bag stolen and try to think of what to do next. We check email and hope for job opportunities, sublets and friends to have taken that next step. Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. I dont know which is worse.

Next stop Miraflor. The misty mountains of ecotourism fame. It will be a good time for yummy food, lazy conversations, wet walks, adventures and memories. I am committed to working with my memories. Putting the extra effort into understanding and processing them so that I do not let myself get stuck in the rut that I was in my first time. It will be quiet yet challenging. Kind of how I like everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home