Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday morning. Grey SF skies, big white walls, a wooden deck and horns/car doors/city sounds in the background but a bright red sleeping bag with rainbow lining, fist sized purple flowers and an apple tree all show me that even in cities there is uncontrollable beauty to be enjoyed.

Eating avocados, yogurt, brown rice cakes, a few heirloom cherry tomatoes, jalapeno omelette's and drinking yummy coffee makes a morning. We round out the late morning time slots with bhangra dance class, paper writing, vegan sausage and a bit of wait, wait dont tell me.

Now, its off to do some flyering in a housing project and then work. Its a nice sunday. Im pretty happy. Off to meet new people, be a part of something, see what is going on here in sf as far as housing rights and anti gentrification work is concerned(or a little facet of that) and yeah, meet new people. Make and get phone calls which will hopefully lead to relationships, long standing and beautiful growing and powerful. Its hard moving to this new place, making new friends and dating. Its all fucking hard. But, as with all things I need to slow down.

Last night Todd, my trainer at work, kept saying that I was good but I needed to pay attention to detail and slow down, do it right the first time, dont make yourself worry. It was interesting and I think it applies generally to my everyday life. So, Im going to take it slow today.

So far so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home