Monday, September 17, 2007

Ooops.

In the havoc of returning from Nicaragua, driving cross country and settling into a new city I forgot to update. Sorry! But Im back now and have uploaded tons of photos from the whole summer(Nicaragua, NJ, road trip) to my flickr account. Enjoy.

Quick summaries.

Nicaragua: Amazing yet so fucking hard to go back there and walk those streets again. Feel the same eyes again on my skin and be re-immersed for days into where I lived for a year. I think just the concept of me living in one place is hard to grasp/enjoy which is why the challenge of sf is so appealing. Adding to and becoming part of a vibrant established community in the US has been high on my list of things for a long time.

Cross country road trip: Divine. Really seeing parts of the US that I had not seen before was so satisfying, the same way taking trains across India or buses across Nicaragua has been. It forced me to think about the US not just as a collection of big cities but more as a composite of many many in between places, each with their own history. This cross country road trip has set the foundation for a cross country biking trip within ten years. Excitement! Although that means I must get a bike with multiple gears. Shame.

SF: Wow. Simply put I knew nothing about this city before I arrived, had never even been here, and now I am living, working, learning, loving this little place. The first big intra-US move, also exciting/challenging. As usual being away from the family is hard but beneficial because I feel time apart makes our time together better, more appreciated, more wanted which then makes me miss them more. But, about SF, I am excited still and looking forward to developing a relationship with this place and falling in love with its mystery, history and peoples.

Tomorrow: First day at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home