Tuesday, March 29, 2005

You'd like a bit of color? Just think about stinking piles of shit lying on the streets and people urinating on almost every wall available. You could also think about the bruises, nearly indistinguishable, on the dark skinned women here - most indian men beat their wives daily - the others finding yelling at them enough of an affirment to their fragile masculinity.

I eat three meals a day with my right hand and wipe my ass with my left hand and a mug of water. The women who cook those three meals and wash the toilets here sleep in rooms with 5 other people a bit smaller than our kitchen in Deerhaven. That room is the sole room in their house. And by house I mean mud and coconut branch hut.

India and Pakistan are playing a series of cricket matches as the devout Hindus celebrate Holi. The United States goverment resumes the sale of F-16 fighters to Pakistan.

I killed 5 mosquitos while writing this email and listened to the rats scamper around the rafters above and knock over plates in the kitchen below.

with love, as always,
Demetrius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home