Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Tonight i discovered that the speed-o-meter put in place to encourage slow driving by cars could be used to tell me how fast i was going on my bicycle. Once I figured this out my evening was set. I started with a modest 15 miles per hour, then i got it up to 21 miles per hour, and finally finished at 24 miles per hour, which i think is a fluke, cause no matter how hard i tried, that number wouldnt change. either way, it was wonderful.

these evenings are just blending together into a smear of movement, people, moments, books, and cups of coffee.

i dont mind, in seeking the distractions i find them and should be satisfied. but im not.

not at all. infact, finding satisfaction is proving to be a great challenge. distraction is available by the bucketful, but satisfaction remains elusive.

choices: nyc or jersey

ive got to devote a few solid hours to researching india's post colonial economics tomorrow and with all the trouble im having with finding books round here, im thinking that a day in new york city might open some windows for me.

though a few hours at rutgers could accomplish the same but significantly less interesting.

a day in new york will run me about 20 probably more for all the jazz. ill be able to rule the streets with my bicycle and indulge with rather delicious vegan grub and check out blue stockings for the first time. it will be worth it but to make it happen, my ass best sleep now.

defiance, ohio
coal chamber
this bike is a pipe bomb
and memories define me right now,
but im pushing at the edges,
i swear i am,
but i need help sometimes,
cause i cant do it alone,
we are moving mountains here.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you be my anonymous friend? part of me prays you are for a silly reason, in that i always wanted you to see me grow... !

i hope there will be another strange place sometime. a rally, a festival...

11:31 AM  
Blogger demetrius said...

i certainly could be your anonymous friend, though id need more details to confirm it.

where? when? and what happened when we met?

or are you just some wonderful entity who is observing me from on far and would like to keep it that way?

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well then maybe it is not you,
we knew one another, only briefly and mostly through this machine.
and someone has been leaving me little life lessons on a journal of mine... it sounded as if it could have been you!

1:57 PM  
Blogger demetrius said...

ive had little exchanges between the machine with wonderful people, but im not in the habit of leaving life lessons on people's journal.

keep in touch, and where can i find your writing?

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home