Sunday, November 30, 2003

the sun dawns. bright yet cold. i awake. stumble to the bathroom, greet the hotel owner, pee, masturbate, go back ot my room, charles informs me that there is an hour and a half more of good sleepin time, i chuckle, pack my bag, put on yesterdays shirt and pants, then pull on my socks and shoes, and wrap myself in my hoodie, grab my bag and walk out leaving the sleeping to chuck.

i walk outside, towards the street, and stop to watch the same snails from yesterday, fascinated by thier movement and voracity, there is one snail as large as my middle finger and two smaller ones with antennea that stick up like pins in a pin cushion. i reach the street tihnking about stew and the shoes that he uses to kill snails in his garden, by the dozens he says. by the dozens i think.

the road is empty, brisk, closed, its sunday, tomorrow is december.

i turn down a bench, no cushion i notice, and sit down. i take out my notebook and folder and start to write out my presentation for the 5th. i need another book so i skip to the room, grab it and return. breakfast has begun, brittany and jen are awake, my silence is disturbed, anndrrea joins me for food. i think about calories and veganism while i drink oj, eat a roll and some cookies. i drink a cup of tea and another glass of oj. i stick a roll in my bag for later. the movement of people is steady, people still waking up return to their assigned beds after nights of warmth and spooning. i think about last night and how i wanted to spoon, and who to ask. no one would say yes, so i let the question die in my mind.

the sun is up, the group is moving, slowly and quickly, ready to leave ready to sleep, eating, waiting.

the street is still closed, brisk, and we mush to the tune of 25 voices, we make friends with a trio of dogs, fatty, snow ball, and two legs after a few minutes, they join us as we explore the old town of rhodes, they wait outside palaces and anthropological musuems for us, they fight with other dogs, now we have 5, they 4 leave, fatty and snowball follow us back to doras. i eat the same sandwhich for two days now. i dont mind, its spicy and cheap.

they day is half over now, and i wonder about tomorrow and tonight, how many more mornings do i have?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home