Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lolipops, chocolate, Starburts and letters all make a boy happy on this Thanksgiving Day when he is not near his family. There will be no turkey nor stuffing and none of that overblown family drama that tends to tear a hole in all of our hearts when all we want is a nice quiet meal filled with love and good stories.

That absence is not the fault of anyone in particular yet the fault of everyone in general because we tend to see the forest and ignore the trees or ignore the forest and only see the withered broken aged beaten trees. For me its understanding that my family are my roots and my soul they ground me and simultaneously drive me crazy. I love them and miss them horribly.

Tonight I will toast to another Thanksgiving alone! To a wonderful family! And to an adventure that never stops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home