Friday, May 19, 2006

Once, I walked down a street in Madurai, India and I saw an elephant drinking Coca-Cola. Then I showed the elephant to Lawrence. We had the worst conversation - ever - about believing people. I hated that walk. That conversation ruined my memory of the elephant drinking Coca-Cola.

Once I sat on a train with the door open as the moon glowed lusciously over a rapidly moving Indian landscape. Katrin told me this why she travelled. I didnt need to say anything just being there with her was an agreement.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nazli Hardy said...

That's really lovely - about the Indian landscape Demetrius

And very curious about the elephant and it's coca-cola :-0

Hey, I noticed your blog entry about mango and had to share something I learnt today about mangoes - that they are from the same family as poison ivy - and that is why some pople are allergic to mangoes!

cheers

10:37 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

John, Taylor, Lauren, and I went on a walk through Madurai on our last day there. We went to a small temple and paid an elephant rps. 2 for a blessing. I have never been so close to an animal so large. I wasn't scared. Actually, I didn't want to leave, I wanted to keep looking into the eyes of that elephant...

Cindy and I sat alone together in a bunk on the overnight train to Hampi. It was almost 7 a.m. and the pinks and oranges were mixing in with the red brown of vast dirt and rock landscapes. We didn't say anything at all.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Joshua Berman said...

Thanks for the tranquilo travel link! And greetings from Ghana,

JB

http://blog.stonegrooves.net

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home